From:
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 12:07:25 -0400
Gordon, thank you for inviting our Harley into your life.  He was a
special little boy that brought smiles and tears to many of our hearts.
Sadly, Harley's story is just one of hundreds of shelter stories.  I wish
all abused ferrets could be brought into the spotlight the way Harley
was, if just to raise awareness in our community about the plight of so
many shelters world-wide.

I must tip my hat (if I wore one) to Mike Janke for putting so much love,
devotion and work into the http://www.miamiferret.org/shelters.htm slide
show.  He is truly a ferret warrior and many of us don't give him the
credit he deserves.  I was so thrilled to meet him in person at the
Atlanta conference.  Such a gentle soul.

In a little over two months, it will be the 2 year anniversary of Harley
"Bug's" crossing.  There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of
my "Bug" and wish he was still with us.  The only comfort I take in his
passing is that my mother is now with him and holding him and loving him
the way we used to.  He deserved so much more, as do many other shelter
kids.

In Harley's memory, he whispered a little challenge in my ear the other
night.  PLEASE watch for the Harley "Bug" Challenge soon.  It's what he
would have wanted.

Randy Melanie Belair
President
The Ferret Aid Society "For the Love of our Fuzzy Friends"
http://www.ferretaid.org/