From:
Alicia Weiland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 21:38:56 -0600
For some reason I haven't been recieving any issues of the FML.  For about
1.5 months now.  I don't have any old issues to refer to so I was wondering
if I could find out if I'm still on the list to recieve it, or if I have to
rescubscribe..anyone know?  Please email me as posting here won't help me :(
[Moderator's note: You were unsubscribed on 25 Sept because mail to you
bounced for several days.  You're back on the list as of today.  BIG]

A cute story.  We adopted a kitty at about 4.5 weeks old because the mommy
cat had toxic milk and the owners didn't have time to bottle feed.  We
named her Enigma.  I wasn't sure how our three ferrets would react but they
seemed interested in her.  We didn't allow them to play together for about
2 weeks, only through the cage were they subjected to her.  When we first
let them together it was in a small room one ferret at a time.  anyhow,
Enigma thoght they were quite fun to chase.  After a few days the ferrets
started treating her like a ferret.  She now romps with them rolling over
with them and they scruff each other.  She jumps in their sand aquarium and
burrows in it with them.  The kitty chases feet and plays in shoes.  She
also carts off our baby daughters toys to under the couch.  I truly believe
she thinks she is a ferret.  The cat is always allowed free roam, while the
ferrets aren't.  Since they nip at my daughter (she's only 5 months old).
Enigma will sit on the arm of the chair and stick her paws in the cage and
pet the ferrets, the ferrets seem upset she gets to be out, and try to pull
her into the cage.  It is quite funny.  I have pictures of her teasing the
ferrets on my web page.  geocities.com/heartland/prairie/8419.  Pictures of
the ferrets are everywhere..mainly on the ferret pages though.

I just was amazed that the kitty seems inferior to the ferrets.  Of course
she is still only 1/3 to 1/2 the size of our ferrets.  The kitty is only 3
months old.  I hope they continue to be great friends.

Alicia, Skot, Tasia
     and the gang
Fidgit, Ferrial, Charmaine, and Enigma