From:
Kevin Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 05:23:25 EDT
Hey gang !!!  Dooks to all the furkids !!!

Okay, a couple of you have emailed me asking about the little silver mitt
that was at the Multnomah County Animal Shelter.  Well, here is an update.

On Sarurday morning I got a call from the shelter.  No one had yet claimed
her.  Since I had already been put on the adoption list, she was available
for me.  After finalizing the adoption paperwork and getting the "chip"
<yes, they microchip all animals now> we were on the way out the door and
heading home.

Once at home she started dooking around and settling in with the new
surroundings.  She is unhappy about being in quarantine, but making the
most of it.  Right now she is busy running, dooking, and destroying the
living room.  She seems in very good health, though she is only picking
at her kibble.  She loves the Fuzzy Soup though.

So far the only problem is her name.  I have been calling her "Sheltie" -
my friend replied, "Aw, c'mon - you're not REALLY naming her that, are
you?".  Ummm - whattabout Shelteen?  "Lame, Kev - real lame!"  Someone
proposed April, cause it was April 1 when she came to live here.  Another
said, "Silvers make me think of the moon - what about Luna?".  When I
mentioned that the name I chose kinda reflected her being a shelter child,
the name Annie <As in Little Orphan Annie> came up.

Sighhhhhhh . . .  I'm entertaining ideas here folks !!!!!

Warm Fuzzies ~~ !!

Kevin B and the Way Kewl Kritter Crew
~Simon~Lacey~Hershey~Sprite~Cuddles~Java~Miss Priss~Cinna~Racer~Patch~
~Mocha~Nikki~ Mist the Fer-Kat
INTRODUCING <the unnamed shelter kid>
Guardian Fur-Angels -
~Furrice~Lady~Zeus~Rascal~Socks~Muttley~Dookesbury~Little Boy~
Missing our friends - Kimo the Sumo Cat (and Honorary Fert) and fellow
ferts ~Petey~, ~Nibbler~, ~Max~, ~Romeo~, ~Bandit~, and the other ~Romeo~
Saying "Hey!" to ~Pandora~, ~Noser~ and the rest of the Tennessee
Brat Pack !!
Please see KITY=^..^=KAT's Fur Faces, Memorial for Zeus
                  http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/2396/zeus.html
KRITTER KREW - http://hometown.aol.com/kwildheart/myhomepage/pet.html

Prayers to the ill and those who have gone before us.  Hug your fuzzies
while you can, hold them in your heart when you can't.