Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2008 22:24:11 -0400
I adopted 2 of the DMK Ohio boys from South Shore Ferret Care. Dianne
took in some of the boys and what gorgeous scared kids they were at
first. Michele from SSFC worked with all the kids and believe me she
had the battle scars all over her hands and arms. What a job she did
with them! Here loving care brought them all around so that they could
be adopted out to their now loving homes. I have never had such
wonderful boys who ALWAYS used the litter pan! Uno (guess why he got
his name) actually climbed back into his Midwest playpen to use his
own poopie pan when he was out playing. I keep my kids separated from
others for at least one month sometimes two just for a precaution. Uno
is a beautiful champagne color and a sweetie pie to match his looks.
Twitch his brother, is a chocolate mitt, who is very sweet and very
handsome also. Till this day, they still take that breath when I pick
them up to carry them out to the playroom and have that spread eagle in
their back legs when first picking up. They still love ferretone and we
would all joke about the DMK kids being ferretone whores. When my sis
and I first saw Goliath, we all wanted him. What a big gorgeous, sweet
boy he was. It was so sad to hear he had passed from lymphoma. Our
hearts went out to Michele knowing how much she loved and adored him.
We are all so grateful that at least he and others that had passed on,
at least got love, a nice warm home and tons of food and care before
they went to rainbow bridge.

I ended up taking in one of the secluded ones that were being held for
awhile, not sure about the whole story and do not really care. Bug was
chosen for me and what a choice he was! Cindy S., can't thank you
enough for picking my Bug the big kisser who loves to slip me the
tongue LOL. He seems to be the younger of the group and chases
everyone.

I cannot believe it has been a year. Happy Anniversary to all DMK
McKids!

Eleanor, Donald and the 14 cage monkeys