From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 15:07:54 -0500
Lupron stops the release of LH and FSH, which stops the stimulation to
the adrenal glands.  Thus the adrenal glands stop overproducing the sex
hormones.  No need to worry about which specific hormone is being
overproduced when using Lupron.

I think X was referring to the use of some of the other medications such
as Casodex and Arimidex which only block specific hormones.  Thus you
need to know which hormone(s) is being overproduced to use them.

I have been using Lupron depot for over 4 years now and have only seen 1
ferret with a mild side effect from.  My own male ferret (Barney) has been
on it for more than 2 years.  Again with no problems from Lupron or from
the adrenal gland disease.

Hope that clears up the confusion,
Jerry Murray, DVM

[Sukie note: leutenizing hormone and follicle stimulating hormone -- don't
hold me to the spellings because I am away from references right now --
are two hormones which among other actions normally precipitate further
actions down the hormonal cascade.]