From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 08:57:57 -0400
HI readers-

I am dumb founded that there is NOT more discussion nor indication of
involvement on the issue of the current Chicago Ban on Exotics-- GUYS
WAKE UP-- I have emphatically tried to state in past years that this is a
TERRIBLE thing for ferrets.  INDEED there is a plot in the Animal welfare
community to erradicate ferrets as companion animals and it is deeply
rooted.  ANimal People - Sept.  2002 front page article outlined just
this venue..

I have referred to this plight as the "California Backlash" there were
groups in NYC which accomplished this wrongful classification, then it
moved to Colorado now we read it is in Chicago.  What indeed the plot
is -- it to list ferrets as exotics and then the states will have motions
filed to OUTLAW ownership of exotic animals.  DO NOT SIT BACK-- MAKE SOME
NOISE and kill this attempt to declassify our companion pets.

IS THIS REALLY WHAT YOU WANT TO HAVE HAPPEN?  Ferrets were domesticated
prior to the feline the ARE DOMESTICATED COMPANION ANIMALS ( like the
canine and feline companion) -- NOT EXOTICS!!!  .  There needs to be
some organization to fight the current classification attempt.  Contact a
ferret friend ly vet- present CDC information etc .  THIS NEEDS to STOP
before the pockets of ferret exclusion become the rule.

Alicia D
www.ferretwise.org