From:
"Hoult, Barb (Gustafson)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:41:08 -0600
I have been making Bob's gravy now since Bob first introduced it on the
FML.  About 2 years ago when I was attending a meeting at our Calgary
Centre one of our members made a suggestion that changed my life.  Well
okay, not really, but after having broken one meat grinder and a blender
it sure did make the making of this Gravy a whole lot easier.

This member suggested that I buy the RAW/BARF diets that are available
for dogs.  When I looked into it I was thrilled to find out that I could
buy frozen containers of Ground Chicken with Bone in.  They are literally
whole ground chickens.  And it cost a whole lot less than buying a
chicken at the grocers.

You can also buy the ground chicken with bone and organ meats.  I buy
the two pounds tubs and put two of them at a time into the slow cooker
for 4-6 hours.  I then add the remaining ingredients and put the whole
lot through a blender and then a strainer.

There's still some work involved but it eliminates the struggling to
cut up bones.

Barb Hoult
Alberta Ferret Society
President