From:
poleKATparsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 06:38:33 -0800
RE: Mr. Haverman

>It would be better to be remembered as the person that saved Kodo rather
>than the one that signed his death warrant.

yes, it would, BUT is it not worth remembering him for being the one who
it haunted enough, and that it was such a life changing experience, that
he got the law changed????

>His being sorry doesn't bring Kodo back.

no, it doesn't, each life is precious...but how many hundreds did he save
by working to change the law?...BECAUSE he was so affected by Kodo...

He could have been one of the many before him that just let it roll off
his back...but he wasn't...was he....

tle...i value your opinion prolly above everyone else's...and i was not
around when Kodo was...so i do not have the personal emotion involved
like so many of you do...but it seems that Mr. Haverman took a horrible
situation and did what he could to see that it did not happen again...

i do not know if he could have done anything to prevent it...but the fact
remains that either he didn't...or it made no difference...

i do not know him...maybe before it actually happened he did not know he
would feel so deeply about it...did not know it would affect him so...but
it did...and he did something about it...

it did not stop with him feeling bad about it...HE DID SOMETHING TO
CHANGE THE LAW...

Kodo paid a horrible price...but it paved the way to save so many...cause
it affectd Mr. Haverman so deeply...

again...i do not know the man...i was not around for when this all
happened...and i do not want to know anymore than i do...i have
nightmares about stuff like this...

but it seems Kodo and Mr. Haverman made a difference...

just my "outside-looking-in" point of view...
love,
kat

=====
KITY=^..^=KAT and the Kollektive [18]
http://www.geocities.com/ferretlover97

In Memory of...White Russian...who lost his fight with ADV on May 8, 2002
Missing pieces of my heart...Marcel, LittleWhiteGirl, Narmy, OldGuy,
D'weezle, Pye, Sandi, Jack, and the biggest pieces of my heart...Sonny,
Charlie and Geezer!  ...Keeping in memory...Dweezil, Opie, Tunees & Lil
Bear...

It is that time of year again...
The A.D.V. Christmas Giving Tree... http://www.mkaresq.com/adv_giving.htm
and the Ferret Giving Tree...  http://givingtree.friendsoffuzzies.com