Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2007 19:12:47 -0500
Hi, this is SaraFerret. Today is a beautiful day as usual at de Bridge.
Unfortunately on earth it isnt always so lovely for those who have lost
their beloved furries. However they can take consolation in the fact
that their beloveds are no longer in pain.

I am at the entrance and I see dis beautiful salt and pepper silver
furry crossing de bridge. Wowsie, is dis guy having a hard time, just a
major struggle, barely putting one paw in front of another. He finally
makes it. He introduces himself to me and says, my name is Taz or
Tazzie as Mommy Kim always calls me. I has been feeling really lousy,
whats wit my heart always actin funny, but Mommy always lets me sleeps
besides her and she hugs me all de time. She always tells me dat I
would be met by a bridge greeter named SaraFerret, are you her?

Finally, I was able to get a word in edgewise and said, Yes, I am.
Welcome to de Rainbow Bridge. Here you will have no more pain or
suffering and you will have great food and be able to run and play
wit all de ferrets and never have a moment's worry.

Taz looks at me and says, Hey, other den de pain and my heart, I had
all dat on earth. Since I am feeling so great now, can I just turn
around and go back to Mommy Kim. She was crying so hard when I left.

I looks at him and says, Ummm, 'Fraid not, Taz, Once you are here, dis
is it, you are here for all eternity. Taz looks hard at me, and den wit
a tear accepted it as most ferrets seem to do. But I tells him. Dere
will come a time in de distant future when Mommy Kim will cross de
bridge and you and her will be reunited and you will run and play with
her once again. This seemed to cheer him up a lot.

Just then, I saw another ferret who also belonged to Mommy Kim,
crossing de bridge (SIGH!) and both Taz and I welcomed little Autumn to
de bridge. I introduced myself to her, and says Hi I am SaraFerret, de
bridgegreeter and you must be Autumn. She seemed so shocked, she just
stood still. Den she saw Taz. Dey danced together in happiness. At
least dey had each other. Dey would not be alone. But dey would no
longer have Mommy Kim.

Den we talked about de wings. WINGS? Dey both shouted. We get WINGS?

Sure enough, I said. So off we we to de Wing House. Up on de counter
were two big boxes: one marked Taz and one marked Autumn. Autumn opened
hers first and she pulled out a sparkling pair of green wings with
black stripes which made her look a bit like a butterfly. We helped her
on wit dem and fitted her wit a halo. Den Taz went over to his box and
opened it up and pulled out a pair of crimson wings, perfect for a salt
and pepper silver ferret. Dey both went over to de mirror and admired
dere new wings and both practiced fluffing dere wings. I cautioned dem
both not to practice flying yet as beginners had been known to crash
without having had flyin lessons. Dey laughed and dooked over dat. Den
we went out de door and were greeted by Missy Kim's ferrets who had
preceded dem across de bridge

SURPRIZE! Read de sign. Den we all trotted over to de misting pond.
We all sat around while I swished de water. Dey could see Mommy Kim
weeping and crying and dey knew she had not been feeling well. But dey
started throwing kisses on a shooting star that was headed down her way
and since it wouldnt reach her for a couple of days dey hoped she would
know de kisses were from dem when dey reached her because dey would
smell like musty ferrets and tickle her cheeks. Dey sent dere love and
hugs but dey werent quite sure how dose would reach her.

Den we all went down de garden path to a welcome to de bridge party and
so ended another day at de bridge and de beginning of dere new life

Hugs and loveys
SaraFerret

--
Get a Free E-mail Account at Mail.com!