Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 2009 07:03:51 -0800
Many of you have already sent suggestions for Isabella Gucci-Jones'
birthday to April ([log in to unmask]) and F.E.R.R.E.T. is
grateful. We hope NEVER to have to use anything because it means
someone has suffered a disaster. But, we are so glad when it is
there and NOT sitting in a warehouse somewhere.

There was a time when I thought celebrating my pets' birthdays was
silly. When Shadow died and I realized he had been with me 8 Mother's
Days (the day he joined my business) I suddenly became aware that he
was old! Older than I realized, too. Most of my ferrets are rescues
and I don't know their birthdays. So, we celebrate their arrival in
our home.

Odie was "about 4" (aren't they all?) when he joined us in September
2006. Uh, that means he is about 7 now. Wow! How did that happen?

Skitch came from the DMK rescue and was thought to be about 2 in
October 2007 (making him about 4 now). But his teeth are almost
translucent. Does that mean he is at least 5 or 6? Or was it bad
dental?

Isadora & Duncan were together and came from DMK. We thought they must
be under a year, possibly from a spring 2007 litter. Now 2? Well,
Duncan acts older, more like a 4 year old, and has bad teeth, but is
that from the rough times he has had? He WAS injured in the car wreck.

I just don't know. So, Isabella celebrating her birthday is a big smile
for me. I hope she has many many more! Thank you, April and totally
Ferret. And, for those of you who have not made a suggestion for a
gift for Miss Isabella, please send them to April at

Thanks!

--
Renee Downs
"Eventually we will realize that if we destroy the ecosystem we