From:
Chris & Valerie Lloyd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 14:20:49 -0800
Hi, I was first introduced to ferrets when I started to work for British
Rail in 1964, they were used to keep the rabbits from doing too much damage
to the embankments, and no they are not used to kill rabbits only chase
them out of the burrows.  When we got married and set up house in 1970 I
wanted to keep a pet but as we were both working a dog was out of the
question and Val is allergic to cats.  A friend of mine`s ferret had
recently had a litter of albino kits so after being told that we were not
having smelly ferrets in our new { old ) home, I went and brought 2 six
week old kits home.  Val fell in love with them strait away and considering
they were from working stock very tame and friendly.  As I could not afford
to by new carpets or furniture the ferrets had nothing to damage so they
had run of the place if someone was home.  Ferret math hit max around 1985
with 24 ferrets but these days I keep the number to about 6, this year I
have rescued 4 and placed 3, I added the rescued albino kit Snowball to the
fuzzy pack.

Chris and Val Lloyd, Squidgie, Snowy, Jet, Snowball, Buster and Charlie, +
5 dogs + kids + G.kids etc.etc.etc....