From:
Flemming Farms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 00:46:38 +0800
>From:    "caride:First caride:Last" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Bev, ADV?
>As you all know ADV is a virus and NOT a genetic disease.

This is correct - however it *can* be transmitted to the kits from the
parents.

>I fail to see the concern for my kits.

It would be a concern because currently there is not enough information on
ADV.  It is not really known how it is spread in ferrets, how long it takes
for the ferrets to test positive after exposure, nor how long the ferrets
will go (testing positive) with no symptoms.  It would be wise to test -
especially since it is know that Russian tested positive.  It is just to
confirm in writting that your ferrets are negative.

>I for one am very Thankfull that it was anounced that white russian has
>tested positive for ADV (anyone that reads anything about it would know
>that 90% of positive tests are False positives.)

This is not true.  They are not sure if there are false positives at all.
Some say yes and others say no.  It just isn't known.