Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 10:11:14 -0500
>*****Could people write on here what safe, non-fuming cleaners work for
>them for the tile, sink, and tub??  Many complaining of coughing ferrets
>may be causing this problem with their bathroom cleaning products.  The
>fumes travel a long way.*******

Great idea!

Here are some things I like for cleaning:

Baking soda
Vinegar and water
Simple Green (it's a commercial product, but more benign than most.  I get
it at Price Club)
Homemade soap scraps soaked in water and then beaten with a hand blender
to make a sort of "liquid soap" (this is what happens with the UGLY soaps
I make by accident ...)
Dr. Bronner's liquid castille soap (available in health food stores - some
grocery/drug stores, too)

To cut grease, I use liquid soap on a dishrag or sponge/scrubby, and I put
a few drops of sweet orange essential oil on it.  Sweet orange essential
oil smells great, doesn't cost very much, and it does a GREAT job of
cutting through any type of oil or grease.  :->  It'll even break down and
dissolve candle/beeswax, which can otherwise be a real bear to remove ....

- Ela

Ela Heyn
Harborside Mail Stop 3024
201-860-3336