From:
Lynn Foster or Chris Stephenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 11:15:55 -0500
Dear Friends:

I am sorry to have to tell you that Meeka Foster was helped to the Bridge
this morning at 10:20 EST.  She had been failing since Sunday I just
refused to see it and yesterday was a very hard day for her.  Last night,
while she tried to rest with me, she tossed and turned and could not make
herself comfortable and most alarming of all her limbs seemed to be turning
into jello as they could not support her and she was reduced to crawling
and resting on the floor.  She could not even get to the water dish.  It
was painful to watch this once crazy and active little lady reduced to
this.  The vet explained that the kidney disease, as it progresses, causes
a type of anemia and that was what was turning her limbs into spaghetti.  I
am crying now - actually I am a tad hysterical.

I held her and gave her permission to go to Ferris while the vet
administered the drug.

She lies on the sofa in the front room with a lock of my hair around her
neck.  I took a small bit of fur and I will get an amulet to wear that will
hold that small piece of her.  Six years of my life are marked by the
passing of my little pal.  In an hour or two I will make her burial shroud.
In the Spring we will bury her in the back yard beside Ferris and Molly.
We will find a beautiful rock of Muskoka granite when we open the cottage
this Spring and use it to mark her grave.

She loved the cottage and I am only sorry she did not live long enough to
have one more visit.  She would barrel-roll with joy all over the carpet
when she arrived.  It was her favorite place.  I cannot believe we will be
opening the cottage this Spring without her or Ferris.  Koka and Jezz seem
subdued but I know they will be ok.  Ferrets are not afraid of death.  I
feel Meeka and Ferris are near me now and I will treasure my memories of
them both.  Kiss your ferrets for me.  Their time with us is too swift.

Lynn  (mom of Ferris <RB>, Meeka <RB>, Molly <RB>, Koka and Jezz)