From:
Purple Cow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 18:25:44 -0400
I've been quite behind on reading the list but finally managed to catch up
today.  In the process of catching up I came across a posting about the
horrid conditions at a mall pet store.  It made me think of the pet store
at the mall near me.  Then I realized it was the same store.  Now that I
know there is at least one other person out there who cares about these
poor babies at that store I really want to do what I can to help.  I have
no experience in anything like this and would like advice from those of you
who do.  I have no transportation and not a lot of money but I'm willing
and I love animals.  I've also found that this pet store has a webpage at
http://www.todayspet.com with an email address of [log in to unmask] so
although I may not be able to go to the store perhaps it would be possible
to launch some sort of net campaign/education?  I was just in there the
other day and the kits they had looked extremely young.  I am not an
outspoken person and rarely speak to strangers but one day while I was in
the store I got up the courage and asked to speak to the manager.  The man
I asked said he was the manager.  I told him I was concerned about the
ferrets being in woodchips and he said that they were pine chips not the
cedar ones believed to cause problems.  He also said it in a tone that
implied I shouldn't have dared to question him and that he really didn't
care about the animals or about the findings in any studies.  I'm worried
about these babies and feel guilty whenever I'm at the mall.  I'd
appreciate any advice anyone has to offer on how to proceed with education
this store and potential customers on how to care for these fur babies.

~Liz~
ICQ#24420186

http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/2469/liz.html