From:
strobachyzoo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 23:51:09 -0600
Barb--
Wanted to thank you for the kind words.  I didn`t realize you played a
part in the rescue of the Illinois 4.  We`d like to give credit, where
credit is due---exactly how did you help out?

Regarding Zoo`s policy on adoption--we have discussed this, many times
before, on other boards.  Zoo`s does not adopt out.  We stand by our
mission statement.We provide a permanent safe haven for abused,abandoned,
mistreated, elderly, and unwanted ferrets.

It is true that with our 501(c)(3) status, we do educate....all the time!
We work closely with the ferret community, both here in Illinois, and
online to better the care, and lives, of ferrets everywhere.

As for the ferrets who reside here, we focus TREMENDOUS energy into
providing them with the best that life has to offer a ferret: spacious
cages, a clean, bright, LARGE room to run in--lots of human interaction,
and snuggles--quality food, clean water, and experienced medical care (we
have two of the best ferret vets in the country!) We assure that each
ferret has all the appropriate medical treatment, or hospice care, when
the veterinary community has done all that they can do..... We assure
that each ferret gets the proper nutrition--even those who are not able
to eat on their own---(and to think that some people would just have
them euthanised!) and we have lots of entertaining toys!

At present, ZFS is at full capacity, so we will be working within the
ferret community, to aid in placement of other ferrets in need.  We do
not wish for any ferret to go without, or to stay in any situation that
is not healthy.

This wasn`t the first time we have referred ferrets to another source.
The Illinois 4 were not an "adoption" ---There was no fee involved.  We
just wanted that wonderful bonded group to go to the best possible home
for them.

Cathy Strobach("Zoo")
Zoo`s Ferret Sanctuary
(new email addy:) [log in to unmask]