From:
Wendy Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1993 13:28:27 -0500
Silk's fur is growing back quickly, but I'm still concerned with how skinny he
is. I want to make sure he gets enough calories and nutrition to make him sleek
and healthy in his old age. I tried adding some canned SciDi to his dry, but no
go. He's very picky. He likes cat food, chocolate (which he is NOT allowed to
have) red licorice (very occasionally) and pizza cheese. What are other things
people's picky ferrets enjoy? Should I try raisins? Any advice appreciated.

Paul and Shellie, Your situation is heartbreaking, but I'm glad you didn't hurt
the dogs. They were just following their predatory nature. Years ago, Silk got
out in our apt while we were gone, and killed my parrot (just a youngster, too).
For awhile, I didn't know if I could keep him after that, but I'm sure glad I
did. (For the record, Silk and our bird are NEVER allowed out of their cages at
the same time). I hope you find new furries soon. A ferretless life is so empty.

Pete and Amy, I noticed you have a ferret named Barak. Is that from the Eddings
books? Silk's full name is Prince Kheldar of Drasnia.

Wendy and Silk, who thinks he eats plenty.