Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 1996 08:47:20 -0500
Mish (sp?) asked if the nylon colars would fray when cut.  Not if you burn
the ends, they don't!  Simmie and Coco both have the mostly-disliked nylon
cat collars that are trimmed to about two inches longer than needed (at
first) and the ends are burned either on the stove or with a match.  Then,
their collars are on only when they are outside the cage (with bells and an
id tag) and because we slip them on and off daily (and we do keep them just
loose enough to slip over their heads) we know when to make them a tad
looser because the elastic is breaking down.  Every few months or so, we buy
new collars, take the id tags off the old ones, and put them on the new
ones.  Every so often they'll lose the colar while out, but we usually know
where to look for it.

On a funny note, Coco had slipped out of his collar a week or so ago, and we
hadn't found it anywhere.  Well, I noticed--and didn't even think it might
be related--that my coat had a slight, far away rining sound.  WEll, then
once when I was out'n'about, I felt what I thought was a watch in the
lining...which was funny since I don't wear a watch.  Of course...you know
what was in the lining of the sleeve of my coat.  :-)

And on the children's museum note, Indianapolis' Children's Museum also
had...when I was there...ferrets.  They are in a large (probably 2.5' by
1.5' for one ferret) glass-type thingie that is tres aquarium like but it's
obvious to *me* that a cage won't work b/c little fingers get shoved through
them and bitten.  The cage had the shavings, and all the very bad things
that are non-fml approved.  If anyone in or around the Indianapolis museum
wants to go and help them take better care of their ferret (or ask them to
give it up to a "good home,") feel free.

Laurel

Laurel Gilbert, Am Cult Studies      *"Who controls the screen controls
[log in to unmask]               *the mind of the screen watcher. The
http://www.bgsu.edu/~lgilber/        *power struggles occur on screens."
Bowling Green State University, OH   *                -Timothy Leary