Date:
Mon, 14 Nov 1994 10:50:00 -0600
Hi All!
Last night on the Discovery Channel their Balance of Nature program
was about animal research.  It was an excellent program showing both
sides of this issue.  They showed scenes of many different types of
animals (cats, dogs, rats, rabbits, mice, monkeys) in different types
of experimentation, but, they did not show anything on ferrets.  I
don't like thinking about this but since ferrets are widely used in
research they should be included.  When GM did the head bashing
experiments on ferrets, after this was publicized they stopped because
of all the public pressure.  It is important that people are aware
that ferrets have been used in research for hundreds of years and
still are.  I've even found one study of ferrets and cocaine!  Now
how many of you have ferrets that are users!?!

Now on a lighter note - This weekend I did some deep cleaning housework.
I started about 10 p.m. Saturday night and didn't quit till 4:00 a.m.  It
was funny to see the ferrets coming out at all hours (who can sleep when
you're running that #$%^&* vaccuum!) but when the alarm went off at
6 a.m. not one ferret was up!  They started getting up around 10.
Little sleepy heads!  And I put straw in their outside cage.  What fun
that was!  They dug into and under the straw and even managed to bring
a few pieces back in with them.  I love the smell of fresh straw and it
seems they do to cause they all smelled so good!

Hugs to all!  tle