From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 09:45:31 -0400
What a great post BOB!

You have done a great job of introducing some ways to incorporate hammies
into a free roam environment.  Lets not omit consideration to acknowledge
that hammies which are sleepers can also be utilized as floor sacks for
curling up inside of.

Another way for many folks I have seen is to suspend a hammock from
underneath a kitchen chair (depending upon the construction of course).
Utilizing hammocks with grommeted corners you can use a cord, rope or
bungie to secure the hammock beneath the chair if the supplied cage
hanger does not work.  It may not work for all chairs but I have been
pleasantly surprised on home visits to see the setups!

Ferret Wise makes sleeper hammies and flat hammies in a range of sizes.
We can ( given sufficient notice alter the size for a specific purpose --
though due to shelter activities or rate of residents it may take up to 2
weeks.  Several of our hammock models can be viewed at :
www.ferretwise.org/funalia.html
and ebay usually has some listed under seller id: creativekolor

Thanks Bob for mentioning our pet bedding in your post (which was juried
and passed a local NH crafts council)!!  We do try to make bedding which
will stand up to the tests of time & ferret activity - not always an easy
task!  Best yet - the proceeds for Ferret Wise bedding is far below
retail pet shop inventory cost and supports everyday, veterinary &
hospice care of the ferrets in the Ferret Wise programs!

Fondly in ferrets,
Alicia  shelter Mom  , Jerimiah , mascot  & company
www.ferretwise.org