From:
Ann Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2014 11:37:56 -0700
No taking in any more till numbers go below 50.

I will help with transporting ferrets out from the areas I cover I will
also help with teaching and training of our little fat fuzzies but I
will not be taking any in until I get down below 50. We will not be
moving our existing ferrets anywhere as most of them are so old that
moving them could cause them to get kettle shock and die. I am not
quitting either and I would sooner die as to not have my babies. They
keep me going. I got so many great responses from the Indy, HOFA, Villa
Hills, Ferret Sanuary II, and Love Me Agian Ferret Rescue and all the
ferret people that it actually made me cry. I have Sjogren's syndrome
and it is an auto immune that I take Kemo meds for (amongst other
meds). I also because of the Sjogren's syndrome have no feeling at all
in my feet, and very little feelings in my hands and legs. My doctors
are starting to worry about me and I have to confess I am too. I will
be going in soon for cataract surgery in both of my eyes. I do not want
sympathy at all. I am a fighter and I am a very strong woman. I just
need everyone to understand what the plans are for Ann's Ferret Shelter
& Adoption Inc. We will be taking in again when our numbers get below
50, but we will be only taking in medical cases and/or neglect cases.
We will always taking in biters. I am sorry if this hits the other
shelters around us hard. I will continue to try and help families keep
their ferrets whenever possible, with education and help, (not
financial). If another shelter director or ferret person needs a place
to layover we will always open our doors and our spare bedroom to them.
We will also always let people come and check out our shelter. Our hope
for the future is less ferrets and more education. Helping educate up
and coming shelters with paperwork and education when necessary. To put
people with ferrets they cannot keep with shelters in their area. My
hubby and I are still hoping to take another trip to Georgia to the
crafty weasel with more fabric sometime this fall and I am still going
to try to go to all the ferrety things. I could never give up on my
ferrets or the ferret community. I hope you all understand. My heart is
heavy because of this. I pray you all understand. We will still have
our one day cook out, silent auction this fall for our adrenal babies.
I will keep you posted on that.

Ann's Ferret Shelter & Adoption Inc.
501(c)3 non-profit organization
Manchester, Ohio 45144