From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 20:18:25 -0500
Well, if you do, I sure could use your help.  Sorry about the mass mail
thing.  I don't do it very often, maybe once a year.

It is no secret that the shelter is getting a building, in fact, the
latest developement is that the shelter will own property with a building
on it as of March 13 when the deal closes.  YEAH!!  Down side, the
building on the property needs demolished, that is unless I don't mind
the indoor swimming pool in the basement, or the head sized holes in the
roof or the asbestos in the closet.  To rehab the building and bring it
up to code would cost more than tearing it down and building new.  So new
building is a YEAH!!  Now remember, the couple doing this don't want
anyone to know who they are.  Just enough to say, they had a ferret that
they loved dearly and it is because of her that they are doing this.

So by September, we should be in and holding a huge celebration/grand
opening/open house.

Equiping this building is my thing.  Selling the engraved pavers, etched
glass block, design it yourself tiles, along with a few events in the
process of planning hopefully will cover it.  (But the events cost to
put on so this is where the phone call, email, or snail mail come in.)

I need to get coverage from the media on this.  That way we can hopefully
get a better result from the fund raising efforts.

I have already sent out press releases to all of the local tv, papers,
and magazines.  But I got this brain storm idea.  What if people in other
parts of the country start asking their local media about this small
shelter being donated a building in Cleveland, have they heard about it?
Could they maybe look into it, it is a good fuzzy, feel good story.  And
just give them the contact information.  If enough people say something,
then maybe our locals will pay attention, and do something, and who
knows, maybe even end up National.

Contact information:
Jean Caputo-Lee
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter
4116 Bucyrus Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44109
216/749-3885
440/465-4110 cell
www.ferretsunlimited.org

Oh, and feel free to cross post the bageebers out of this.

Monday I am sending out another press release, so if you folks wouldn't
mind bugging your local news papers and stations, maybe they'll listen
up here.

Thank you so much for your help and support.

jean
Jean Caputo-Lee
Director
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter