From:
gloria horton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 15:11:10 -0800
Dear Bill and all my old friends from the FML, It's been over a year
and maybe closer to two since I dropped off the list.  Many reasons,
but mostly my health.  Flatlined twice and now confined to an electric
wheelchair(no pity please), I am happily working towards adding a few
more years to my existence and that of many ferrets.  Gloria has somehow
shown great strength in shouldering the responsibility of keeping
Especially Ferrets Inc. from totally collapsing and disappearing into
nothingness.

For an update, we sold our home of 11 years in Naziville(Aurora) Colorado
where they mandated we could only have one guest at a time in our house
and also passed a city law making it illegal to own more than three
ferrets in the city limits.  They also made us tear down our playground
for ferrets called Ferretland USA.  It attracted guest from al over the
country and according to the governing zoning nazis, it was against the
law to have a playground for your ferrets in your own backyard where it
couldn't be seen unless you were let in the backyard .  It was basic
nasty politics and an abuse of authority and we just chose not to ruled
like that.

We now own 40 acres on the prairie we call Rancho Mustela.  Translated
means stinky ranch, but the only thing that smells are the few pigs we
are raising.  We've rescued a few dogs, a couple cats, a pair of Emus who
are now laying one egg every few days, (we are incubating them) and of
course many of our beloved fuzzies.  Living way out in the country, we
may never reach the volume we had in Aurora, but we are satisfied to do
what we are now with no pressure from anyone.  Our last year in the other
house had over 3000 ferrets visit us the last year there.  We are down to
just a couple hundred now ( visiting that is)and it seems so easy after
running helter skelter for years.

Thanks to Bill G., I am still able to look up all my old friends once
again on the FML and get back up to speed on some of the things I missed
out on over the (I really don't remember how long it's been).  I remember
many of you and the list is long, and I wanted to say a make-up for lost
time thank you for carrying the torch while I was out of it.  My chair
gives me a life and mobility and the only things I avoid outdoors is deep
mud puddles and soft sand.  That and Bees.  Even in 5th gear, they can
outfly my chair.  Unless it's raining or snowing, I am outside feeding
and playing with the menagerie we are accumulating here.  Did I forget
the chickens?

Sooo....I will be in touch my friends.  Thanks for what you do to make a
difference in the lives of critters and Bill G., Thanks for keeping the
line open through the tough times.

Shifting gears,
Ferretguy

Randy and Gloria Horton
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.

Support the shelter by shopping through iGive.com use this link to join:
http://www.iGive.com/html/refer.cfm?memberid=47417&causeid=4286
or go to our website at www.especiallyferrets.org