Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 17:50:07 -0700
Dooks all ~!~!~!

Well, the dust has cleared.  All calculations have been calculated, all
addition added, all numbers numbered - - - ah, heck.  You know what I
mean.

On behalf of the Pacific Ferret Shelter Network (PFSN) I can only say,
Thank You!  THANK YOU!!!  Thank all of you who helped make our 2003 Grand
Ferret Fun Frolic the success it was.  The auction helped raise over
$2,200.00 for the shelters.  Now, mind you, that does not include what
the shelters made from sales at thier booths - and I know a lot of
sleepsets and knick-knacks were sold.  It does not include monies from
items the shelters themselves had auctioned off.  That money went
directly to the shelters involved.

$2,200.00 that can be divided between the shelters to assist them in
thier needs.  Even the hot dog vendor had a good time.  Not only is he
donating a portion of the proceeds, but he wants us to PROMISE that he
can be there next year!

People like you have helped prove something to me.  That even in these
'uncertain economic times' you STILL care about the kids.  You STILL care
about the shelters.  You still are able to open up your hearts and help
in whatever way you could.

To those of you who donated items for the auction.  I want you to know
how valuable, and appreciated your gift was.   It's people like you who
allow us to have the auction.  It's the auction that provides us with
money for the shelters.  I don't think there is a shelter out there that
wouldn't appreciate an extra few hundred dollars.  All because someone
they never met, maybe hundreds of miles away cared enough to send
something. A lot of corporations were scaling down on their donations.
If it wasn't for the individual donations, there would not have been
much.

Our fundraiser will be sending out the official 'Thank You's' very
shortly.

To all those who participated and bought items from the shelters or the
auction, thank you for opening your hearts (and wallets) and helping to
make a difference.  Even those little donations of a few cents came in
handy in us being able to provide support for the shelters.  We hope you
all had a good time.  If you have any comments or questions, please feel
free to contact me direct at [log in to unmask]

To all those PFSN volunteers involved, we could not have done this
without your hard work and devotion.  At times it was rough.  A lot of us
on the board were new to all it takes in getting the frolic together.  We
had a late start in what needed to be done.  You helped us through this.
Many of you, though far away, helped pass the word and solicit donations.
To ALL the PFSN Volunteers, Thank You.  You help make the network what it
is.  You help us to advance and grow.

Now, as I hit the 'send' key, I am going to step back from the keyboard
and applaud every one of you.  For your generousity, for your dedication,
for the love, kindness and compassion you have shown, for being a part
of , and for making the Frolic a success.

On behalf of the Pacific Ferret Shelter Network, I Thank You All

Kevin B & The Way Kewl Kritter Crew    [log in to unmask]
Oregon Ferret Shelter volunteer http://www.OregonFerretShelter.com
Pacific Ferret Shelter Network VP http://www.FERRETNET.ORG