From:
Larry Leszczynski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 1994 10:33:15 EDT
Hi all -

Alayne Whaley wrote about her ferret Trouble who sleeps so soundly he seems
to be dead.  Our Nero is the same way - you can poke and prod and even
shake him around and he'll eventually wake up to see what's going on.  He
usually sleeps in a shoe box in the closet and generally is twisted into
some position that doesn't seem physically possible for creatures with
spines.  Mostly he sleeps on his back with his head next to his hind legs.
The first time my sister came over to meet the ferrets, we showed
her the sleeping Nero and she said, "Hey, they can sleep next to themselves!"

larry, becki, and the wild eleven

p.s.   best wishes for Fosgate's speedy recovery!