From:
Brooke Tomaszewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 May 1997 22:57:20 -0400
Robert,

I am so sorry to hear about Kodo, I wish that I could help you out with
info, but I have only heard the same thing here in Michigan.  My vet told me
explicitly to not allow anyone that I didn't know very well touch my
ferrets.  She stated that if a person even said that my ferret bit them,
(even if they hadn't), the ferret could be confiscated and euthanized,
regardless of vaccinations.  It is an awful state of affairs, and I cried
when I read about your Kodo.

I too would like to hear if anyone has suggestions about how to convince the
Animal Control Department that quarantines are all that are needed.  Ferrets
are legal here in Michigan, but that isn't the end to our problems!  Thanks
in advance for your suggestions.

Brooke