From:
Kevin Farlee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Dec 2011 22:17:58 -0800
>My real issue for writing today is...I found a flea on one if our
>ferrets...which I'm sure means many fleas...
>
>We have no other pets besides our two ferrets...and mostly wood
>floors...I keep reading about vaccuming...bathing etc...and various
>arguments for and against different flea >control products...but
>the information is very conflicting...

At our shelter, we've used Advantage for cats for years with very good
results and no bad side-effects.

All of the "sizes" of Advantage (kitten, small cat, etc.) have exactly
the same ingredients, just different amounts in the package. For
ferrets, it takes 2 drops between the shoulder blades. Fleas are
dead/gone in an hour or so, and it lasts for a month.

While I agree with using natural treatments in general, please don't
let the fleas go. We had a ferret come in on death's door, and die in
our arms, due to flea-induced anemia. It had lost so much blood to the
fleas that it died. Fleas are not harmless. It takes a lot of them,
but they can cause serious harm.

Kevin Farlee
WFRS