Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 11:29:08 -0400
Hi, Dana!  Since you had problems with Mister fitting into your lifestyle,
I wonder if you might not find ferrets to be a bit of a problem, too?
They don't have the long fur that Mister had ... but I can tell you from
personal experience that they can make a FINE mess all by themselves as
well.

Among other things, my ferrets have dug up plants and scattered the dirt
across the floor and my kitchen table, spilled and scattered flour and corn
starch from my kitchen cupboard, found a bag of potting soil under the
kitchen sink and taken a "dirt bath" in it, and overturned their food/water
containers countless times.  Oh, and they also LOVE to get into closed
containers (whether they contain ferret food, ferret litter, jelly beans,
cookies, or something else) and scatter and hide the contents.  Then there
are the times that they have found a (momentarily) unattended soda can or
juice glass and overturned it, too ...

I can certainly understand not wanting to deal with the messes caused by a
pet.  Just wanted to let you know that you might well find that ferrets are
every bit as messy as your cat was, though, and you might be quite
disappointed and frustrated if you get one.

- Ela

Ela Heyn
Harborside Mail Stop 3024
201-860-3336