From:
Phyllis Elledge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 09:19:37 -0500
I, for one, have never believed in magic cures.  But I think I saw one
the other day.  My guy Squeakie, a deaf blaze, was adopted from a friends
shelter.  When my kids and I visited everything was fine.  With a day or
two of bringing him home he turned into a totally different animal!!!  He
jumped on everyone and even went looking for Rocky, my little guy (who's
now at the Bridge) to jump on him.  Saturday I was at another friends
shelter and Squeakie was at his best!  Every fert that walked near him got
it.  We had tried time outs, scruffing him and wagging our finger "no" in
front of his face as we said the word.  He looked at us as if to say "OK"
then went right back on the offensive.  After watching for a while Jackie
figured that maybe he was still stressed from moving around and wanted to
try something.  She brought out a little brown bottle.  As she took the
cap off I asked her how bad it was going to taste and she just smiled.
She proceeded to put the Rescue Remedy behind Squeakie's ears and on the
pads of his feet.  In my mind I'm going "Right!  You're going to help this
fert with magic drops!"  I've been eating my words ever since.  Within 30
mins to an hour Squeakie started calming down.  He'd look at the others as
they passed as if he was thinking about jumping them but had decided not
to and he even went and laid down with some of them for a nap!  Another
fert-owning friend who was there couldn't believe it either.  She told
Jackie that there was NO WAY this was the same animal.  I was told that
sometimes with stress you get these results this fast, sometimes it takes
a lot longer, and sometimes it doesn't work at all.  All I know is that
I'm a believer now.  Squeakie gets a few drops in his water every day now
and it's like having a brand new boy that now likes to be held and
snuggled.  He even gives kisses now!!