From:
jodi frankford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2006 21:48:21 -0600
Hi Guys,

I have never gotten as attached to any other animal as much as I have to
ferrets.  I know ferrets have this effect on a lot of people (hence the
FML).

I am another shameful lurker who started lurking in 2000.  I feel like I
know so many of you from your wonderful posts.  When I read Debbie's post
about losing so many of her babies in one year, I really wanted to post.

Since so many FML members (like Debbie) have and/or are suffering through
emotional hell from loss, it would be especially encouraging if anyone
(having the experience) could contribute long life stories of ferrets who
have lived for ten years or more.  I lost two this year out of my four
babies, and one was only five and died of complications from his 2nd
adrenal surgery.  I really do not think I could get any ferrets in the
future as the loss is so great when they go, and the life span so short
(typically).

Other stories about ferrets would be great too, like the ferret that was
not supposed to make it and did, or any ghost ferret stories (and no, I
do not kid here).  Any talk about the possibility of ferret afterlife
would be especially inspiring, as long as no one took offense to the idea
(I don't want to contribute to alienation among FMLers, as this is my
favorite source of information related to ferrets.)

Sincerely,
Jodi, Sharkie (she has piano hands), and Auto (recovering from an
adrenalectomy)