From:
Nancy Busso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2012 01:58:46 -0500
My sweet little Pearl died a week ago. She was a rescue who reminded
me of my sweet Sallee Ali Little Pearl who was a member of our ferret
family years ago. I had taken Pearl to the vet 2 weeks earlier because
I felt it was her time to go to the Rainbow Bridge. The vet disagreed.
He said that she still had so much spirit he just couldn't do it. Pearl
had always been a spunky, fiesty little girl, putting everyone in their
place. The day before she died, she hopped out of her cage with the
rest of the crew, ready for any adventure that came her way. She tired
easily but it didn't stop her from touring the house and checking
things out. The next morning I found her curled up and unresponsive.
On the way to the vet she briefly woke, lifted her head from my lap,
looked right at me and then laid her sweet head back down. The vet
gave her a sedative even though we both doubted she needed it. A few
minutes later he gently helped her spirit leave for the Bridge.

There has been a "race" going on in my house for over a month now.....
a race of "oldies" heading towards the Bridge. You are the winner sweet
Pearl! We both knew that you would be. I miss you but I know you wanted
to win the "race" so that you could watch for all the others who will
be arriving soon, show them around the Rainbow Bridge....and put them
in their place.

Nancy in OR