From:
debi sadowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2012 09:16:19 -0700
This is a plea for help on behalf of a long time personal friend Becki
Hahn. Becki and I worked for years at the same ortho lab and I have
watch her children grow up and she used to babysit my son Michael when
he was little (now 31yrs). Becki used to have a ferret and is still an
animal lover and still has fur children. Not too long ago her son
Braeden who is 14yrs old was diagnosed with Aplastic Anemia.

His sister Cassi is not a match. He just received immunosuppressant
therapy. We won't know for 3-6 months if it worked for sure but we're
all hopeful. The problem with Aplastic Anemia is if he doesn't have a
sibling match bone marrow donor, and they do immunosuppressant therapy,
he can relapse at any time. Aplastic Anemia is a condition where bone
marrow does not produce sufficient new cells to replenish blood cells.
He requires constant blood work and doctor visits. There is an ongoing
search for a bone marrow match underway because Braeden will ultimately
need a bone marrow transplant. I hope you will make a donation to
"Braeden's Buds" - a fund Perfect Finish (my old employer) has started
to alleviate the financial worry to his family.

The more people tested as a match the greater chance Braeden will find
a bone marrow donor. There is a specific crieria that is followed to
do this.

If you are interested in helping Braeden and his family please go to
these sites:

You can get tested to see if you are a match by signing up for a
test at
www.bethematch.com

You can also follow Braeden's progress at:
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/braedenh

Thank you from me and the Hahn family.

Please feel free to share this post.

Debi Sadowski