From:
Alechia Marie Bradley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 1997 11:35:28 -0500
Hi all of you fun ferret lovers!
My name is Alechia and I have 3 ferrets, but one of my ferrets has been
vomiting for the last 2 years...and I was wondering if anyone else has had
this problem.

Skeeter began to vomit at the age of 6 months [she is a white female, 2-1
1/2 lb] and so I took her to the vet.  She was X-rayed [to rule out twisted
bowel], had her blood tested[to rule out what I do not know], and the final
thought was that she had an ulcer.  They gave me pepto and amoxicillin to
give to her for 7 days.  Well...she stopped vomiting for the first 3 days on
the antibiotic and then began to vomit again.  Skeeter would eat, poop,
drink and play, so I waited one more year in hopes that she would stop
vomiting.  During that year I did not give her any medication.  Towards the
end of the year, she began to vomit every day [before she would vomit 3-4
times a week] and lost about 1 pound.  I took her to a different vet and was
given amoxicillin and flagy to give her for 21 days.....this was assuming it
was still an ulcer.  Well it is now going on 2 years, she still vomits 3-4
times a day and I am now giving her tagamet [10 mg, 3-2 times a day] which
has not decreased her vomiting, but has seemed to decrease the amount she
vomits.  My other 2 ferrets have no problems and love her just the same.

If anyone has had similar problems with chronic vomiting, or has any helpful
hints...please e-mail me at [log in to unmask]

Thanks!  Alechia, Skeeter, HOt Rod, and Youngerspry