From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Apr 2009 14:17:15 -0400
That explains a few things...

Those who don't know about the old concept can look up Lamarckian
Evolution, even those who didn't know about it before or that they
fell into it.

As for the food assertions re ECE and some other things:
AARRRGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

'Nough said on those things.

Normally I skip Ed's posts but i noticed the Lamarckian giraffe stuff
and calling people carnivores so broke my usual habit and replied. So,
back to normal behavior after today!

Re: the post I did not read in which Ed apparently caused pain for
Rainbow Bridge people: maybe a warning upfront before people begin
reading that folks may want to skip such a post to avoid the needless,
attention-getting infliction of pain? Sometimes a post is just giving
Lip. Ed is a dark humor sort of person (and has been inclined to say
all sorts of wild things in the almost 30 years I've known him from a
distance -- including back when he used to run off a little newsletter
all about himself and his ferrets) and some others here might like that
approach. I don't like dark humor and really dislike it strongly when
it can hurt others or cause harm, but heck, I am not a majority, just
one person. Anyway, maybe if something is borderline a warning BEFORE
people read might spare some feelings? I don't know. I'm not a rainbow
Bridge person myself, BUT I know, many, many, many people who HAVE BEEN
HELPED BY THAT HARD WORK. Moderation is very HARD -- a LOT harder than
people think from the sidelines. So many things are borderline, and
there are things to look up because they might be dangerous, and spam,
and inappropriate links, and people sometimes who are trying to run
scams, and no one reads anything quite the same way, and, and, and...
So, many thanks for your hard work and your careful attempts to be fair
and kind, Bill. It's hard and it takes a lot of your time to try to
help us all. Thank you so much.

   ---------

and now for something entirely different because I think that most of
us could use a Awwwwww moment:

Hilbert is carrying food to Whizbang who is recovering from surgery and
he's placing the food in bed with her. He's a sweet ferret. Then again,
he's the one who saved my life when our furnace malfunctioned, so...
Breakfast in bed to a recovering ferret from a visiting ferret friend.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: