Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 1998 17:46:16 -0600
Hi everyone!

For any of you that enjoy reading science fiction and fantasy books I found
a great ferret reference in the third book of the Farseer series: Assassin's
Quest by Robin Hobb.  By midway through the third book we've come to
thoroughly hate the bad guy in the book: Royal.  Royal got rid of his two
older brothers in order to steal the crown.  And to top it off, he isn't
even a good king.  Royal also has a prejudice against those with "the wit."
The wit is a kind of telepathic power that allows certain individuals to
bond with an animal.  The hero of the series, Fitz, happens to be bonded
with a wolf.  Well, midway through the book, Fitz is about to make an
assassination attempt on Regal but we know it's a trap.  Here comes a ferret
to the rescue.  The ferret warns Fitz away from the trap.  Regal had
captured the ferret and his human (whom the ferret thinks of as "big
ferret") and killed the human.  The human's last request of his ferret was
that the ferret warn Fitz and then he wanted the ferret to kill Regal.  Fitz
gratefully thanks the ferret and avoids the trap but dismisses the
possibility that the little ferret could possibly kill Regal.

Who do you think kills Regal at the end of the book, the hero Fitz, or the
little ferret everyone dismissed as soon as he warned our hero away from the
trap.  <grin>

Amy
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Valley/3727/ferret.html