Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 02:49:47 -0700
Dooks all ~!~!~!

Currently I have 14 ferts in the house.  The cat knows and plays with
them all.  The dog plays with the cat AND some of the ferts.

My dog (Peanut)is a pit bull / boxer mix (60+ lbs, 90% muscle, 3yrs).
Yeah, she likes to chase cats - to play with them.  She has never been
aggressive to Mist (my cat) nor the others she encounters on the street.
She just wants the thrill of the chase.  She IS, however, protective when
strangers approach on the street or come to the door <protective - NOT
aggressive>.  She is an absolute love ~!~!  Considering she is kinda a
'rescue' and was ignored for 2-1/2 years she basically trained herself.

Peanut will also play with some of the kids (the ones I choose).  She
will lay on the ground and basically 'flip' them with her nose when they
come near.  Kinda like porpoise butting when playing.  The ferts dook and
dance and come back for more.  Peanut will let them climb over her and
crawl around with them.  She lays on the ground because a few kids got
the better of her exposed belly a while back
<YEEEEEE---OUCH ~!~!~!>.

I had to teach her not to jump or wrestle when playing with them for fear
she may land on a unsuspecting fert

I don't let her play with some of them because they can be too rough with
her.

Kevin B & The Way Kewl Kritter Crew    [log in to unmask]
Oregon Ferret Shelter volunteer http://www.OregonFerretShelter.com
Pacific Ferret Shelter Network VP http://www.FERRETNET.ORG