From:
Alexandra Sargent-Colburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Dec 2009 02:56:41 +0000
Dear Hoomins-

Yesterday, Debi Hoomin wrote
>so why would you feed it to them other than to see if it is something
>they might like as an occasional snack"?

This is Todd, here, typing and... Caff-Pow. Dictating. (Caff-Pow's paws
are too big to type.)

And we want you hoomins to understand that the issue here goes way
beyond raw or natural feeding. There is *no* other reason to feed
things to us other than to see if we might like them as an occasional
snack. Envelope glue, dirty socks, cucumber peels, stale baloney rinds,
hard bits of cheese, warm french fries fresh from the drive-thru,
wasabi peas, cold steak, fish heads, stale bread, it's all good. Ditto
ball point pens with rubber grips, houseplants, bathroom throw rugs and
used tin foil.

"Natural diet" is not what we are *supposed* to eat, we are supposed to
eat whatever we can fit into our mouths. It's just that in the wild,
there are no bathroom throw rugs with rubberized backings and Mars
Bars. If there were, we would eat them in the wild. Trust us in this.

So we say bring on the ox tails and the pork necks, smoked or
un-smoked. Your intentions are noble but your goals are still a bit
muddled. We hope that we have been able to provide some much needed
direction.

Happy Holidays. We like Fruitcake, too. The sugar rush is truly
amazing.

Todd
Caff-Pow
In MA