From:
Pamela K Barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 1995 19:17:18 -0700
I am experiencing a lack of confidence with my vets concerning my 3 kids.
We have been going to them since we got Ernie 4 years ago and neither my
husband nor I were every really impressed with them.  Now that we seem to be
experiencing difficulties I thought this would be a good time to search for
a new vet.  Unfortunately, I live in a town that's not too big (actually to
big for me at 50,000) and I don't know how knowlegable they are.  What
specific questions do you suggest I ask them?  I have called a couple and
asked the receptionist (vet's always busy) what experience they have I
usually get the "oh, he sees a couple regularly", "yes, she's done surgery -
on a broken leg." So finally I left a message stating, do you know what
green diahrea is (my other vet didn't seem to and I think this question is
rather easy to answer) and also if they have had experience with insulinoma.
Any suggestions?  It seems to me that a vet can be an expert with cats and
dogs but that doesn't make me want them to work on my babies.

I noticed there is another person from Flag out there - where do you go
(can post me directly)?

Pamela K. Barber
Flagstaff, AZ