From:
Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 1997 21:19:34 -0800
>From:    "Kris Aaron-Benedum (and S. & S.)" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: would you send a fert to a certain death?
 [and]
>From:    AlphaChi <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Mink Rescue??

Just a question... If you were to find a black angus steer wandering the
road would you avoid sending back to its farm?  That is certain death after
all.

Now an observation... A ranch mink is not the same as a wild mink.  Letting
a ranch mink "free" in the wild is a sooner and surer and probably much
nastier death sentance.  Just as releasing a pet ferret in a forest is quite
cruel.  A wildlife rehabilitator is not the right person for either a ranch
mink or a domestic ferret.  (Although some WL rehab folks also run things
like ferret shelters but wearing a different hat.)

But I think we ought to shut down the mink discussion as it is getting quite
far from ferrets.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/
mailto:[log in to unmask]

[Moderator's note: I agree... I think the mink folks have made their
points, especially with this issue.  BIG]