From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 1996 18:45:56 -0500
OK OK!  So maybe I over reacted just a tad <G>.  But I ask, did anyone see a
cat or a dog in the house?  Huh?

I saw a chimp.  I saw gators.  I saw a large constrictor.  Not generally
considered domesticated.  Yes, there was a pot bellied pig - domesticated in
some states; exotic in others.  There was an iguana - exotic, I believe.  I
just would have felt a whole lot better about the entire thing if there were
a dog and cat too.  The implication is just a bit too strong that: 1) the
family rescues wild animals; 2) they had ferrets; therefore, 3) the ferret
must be a wild animal.

I totally agree with the poster who was going to try to get a story in there
about the ferret being domesticated, not wild or exotic.  This issue is very
critical in several states right now, California being one of them, and
Florida, Kansas and MD being a few others that come to mind.

But I will give them credit.  They presented ferret behavior in the most
positive light that I've ever seen in a movie or TV show.  I just wish they
had a dog in there too, though.    Anyone else?

Dick B.