From:
Karen Patricia Rankin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 1995 11:40:46 -0500
I've been lurking for a couple of months now in preparation of ferret
ownership.  I became a proud owner last week...and what a week it has
been!  I had previously had no experience with ferrets, other than knowing
I wanted one ever since seeing "The Beastmaster".  Its been a learning
experience for both me and Sam who is about a year old (he was a stray so
I'm not exactly sure)

The FML and FAQ has been invaluable in helping me through the "getting
acquainted" period but I have a few questions:

        -There seems to be a lot of variation on how often people bathe
        their ferrets, from once a week to once a year, how much is too much?

        -Is their any way I can get Sam to sleep through the night, or
        will this come in time?  I don't mind him banging around at 4 a.m. but
        my roommate feels otherwise.

        -Sam is confined to my bedroom only.  My roommate was kind enough
        to let me have him but not willing to have him running throughout the
        house.  Problem is that he has discovered that there is something
        beyond my bedroom door.  He's convinced that if he keeps digging in the
        rug, he'll be able to tunnel through.  I would like to let him keep
        digging until he realizes he's not getting anywhere but, again, it
        annoys my roommate.  Any ingenious ways to prevent carpet digging?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Karen and Sam