From:
Alicia K Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 1997 17:17:34 -0500
Carla,
In regards to your message about Little Tyler and his spinal injury.  Please
I know it's tough on these kids keeping them quiet-- but if you want to
insure healing-- it is necessary.  Dr. Klein is on the nose with the Dex and
pedia pred, but you need to understand it IS important to keep him quiet--
as the swelling subsides you should see some further improvement.  It's
quite all right to hold him and talk to him, but for the immediate time - I
would recommend letting him rest and limiting his expeditions.

I am forwarding your post on to our Gabriel's new mom and she can work with
you here--- please know though he may be a bit depressed or stressed-- if he
is eating he is ok.  The rest is needed to heal.  We have to be good mommies
from time to time... they love us anyways!

Good wishes to you
Alicia
a shelter Mom