From:
"Leonard A. Jaffe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 1995 09:02:57 -0400
Re: Columbus OH.

According to the Franklyn County Health pepole, the ferret ban is by the
Columbus Municipality.  According to the Columbus Municipalty Health
people, they have no intention of being the ferret police, and will only
act on complaints.  I am not entirely clear on wh\ether this means BITE
complaints, or "Hey I hate my neighbor, and he's got ferrets" complaints.

They said that they were not reclassifying ferrets because that would open
them up to every other exotic/wild pet owner for demands of legalizing their
pets, and they claim to not have the resources to do a comprehensive review.

As for a good vet in CHM, I heartily recommend Green Meadows Veterinary
Hospital.  Dr. Buehner is great with ferrets, and also with ferret owners.
She gives us a small volume discount :-).  We used to drive an hour to
bring the gang to her, now we live 5 miles away :-)

It is about 6 miles north of 270 on rt 23.  I can give you better
directions, and a phone number (she's in the book) via email.

lenny.
--
Leonard A. Jaffe                      [log in to unmask]
Columbus, Ohio, USA                   My heart is a flower - King Missile