From:
James Hensley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 1996 09:45:00 -0500
Hey kids,
I'm a little behind in my FML reading, but I thought I would put in my
2 cents on something mentioned awhile ago.  Someone said:
>I'd picked up a heavy rubber ball for the kids to play with......

One of my fuzzies, Pace, used to LOVE her Hagen Ferret Ball, which was a
dimpled green rubber ball (similar in shape to a golf ball, but bigger.) It
was a really hard rubber, and since it came in my ferret starter kit, I
figured it was probably safe for her to play with (I think everyone sees
where this story is going).

Anyways, after a few months of playing with it without making any marks on
the ball, I found it in Pace's favorite hiding space COMPLETELY destroyed.
Fortunately, she didn't have any problems passing the rubber, and I chucked
out the ball.  She's not getting any rubber toys from me again.

I guess my first clue should have been the wood shavings which were also
included in the starter kit.

Jim, Mia and Pace in T.O.