From:
Alan Moen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 1996 09:24:50 -0500
My little girl (about 18 months old, spayed) is very sick and my vet hasn't
found the problem.  She seems alert and attentive, but her hindquarters are
seemingly paralyzed.  She drags them behind her when she moves around.  They
still apparently have feeling because she pulled them back when the vet
pinched her toes.  X-Rays showed no broken bones or obvious spinal problems,
and a blood test (they could only get enough for a manual count) showed
normal lymphocytes, but "foamy" (my vet's word) white blood cells.  She gave
me antibiotics (I can't remember the name, it's not amoxillin; it's white,
smells like bubble gum and my Elle *hates* it) to give her twice a day, but
I don't see any improvement so far after four days.

She doesn't have any hair loss (save for the shaved neck from the blood
test) and otherwise seems alert.  If I squeek her favorite toy, she goes
after it as before (albeit without using her rear legs).  She also has not
lost any weight since her last vet visit.  I'm taking her back to the vet
again on Wednesday, but I'd appreciate any input from the experts to pass on.

Thanks,

Alan

 --
Alan Moen                           [log in to unmask]
LAN Manager, Wayne State University Counseling & Placement Services