From:
Bill Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 1995 23:06:59 -0500
Hi Gang -
    No legislative sessions till Monday.  Think that the various parties are
meeting to 'see about compromise', (sounds much better than "plotting
strategy" doesn't it).  A couple of pet store people have been in
communication with us -- some good thoughts, they really ARE a sitting
target.  One store owner, who treats his pets very well even to the point of
checking out customers before allowing them to take home kittens, asked what
would happen if he were to turn in a pet owner to the MSPCA who they thought
was mistreating an animal.  We agreed that their situation was not too
unlike that of landlord vs tenant who was trashing his apartment.

    The idea of a fairly high annual fee for pet store sales in order to
limit marginal stores has been mentioned a couple of times.  Lots of talk
seems to be taking place, and no one appears to have the complete picture at
the moment.  Also there is some thought about not making too many changes
which would risk opening up the whole issue to debate which puts us back
where we were at the year's beginning.

    Keep making those calls, and keep those cards and letters coming folks.
Remember we want ferrets to be made legal, we don't necessarily care how
they do it.  Keep doing what you have been doing all year long in making
your presence politely felt up there and WE WILL PREVAIL !!!!!!

    Come by and see us at the Bayside Expo Center in Boston this weekend.
Let us know of your ideas for the future !!!!