From:
Nancy Park <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2012 07:14:08 -0700
After traveling many miles with Laura Baran and helpers of the Boise
Essential Ferrets shelter, two brothers came home with me, Pomeroy and
Tarleton. Seems Laura and crew on the drive back named each ferret with
the name of each town they passed through. I can't remember the total
they brought back but it was a bunch. Both boys were whole and about 6
months old. Both were neutered. Tarlton was a champagne and Pomeroy a
black Roan Mitt. Both boys turned out to be the sweetest kids. Sadly,
at about a year and a half old Tarlton suddenly became paralyzed
completely in his hind legs. Four months into trying to find why and
trying to get him to improve I made the so very difficult decision. It
was one of the most difficult ones as this boy had a heart as big as a
boulder. He would go to great lengths and many minutes dragging himself
to the litter area so he would not soil his cage. But then of course he
would need to be cleaned off afterwards. The post on him showed nothing
wrong so it was a double whammy for my heart. His brother Pomeroy is
still here and what a clown! He is a true "ball ferret". He LOVES his
small rolly balls and will push them and throw them in the air and
do all sorts of craziness with them. It's quite a sight. Pomeroy is
still healthy to date. Yes we should all remember this rescue for many
reasons with the most important of how so many pulled together to get
it done and became a huge team putting aside differences and working
together.

Nancy Park
FerrettownUSA.com
Ferretown.com

"There is no objective truth, only the truth that's established by
power' Michael Crichton