From:
crowclan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 10:55:38 -0700
I know how many people feel about ferrets magazine, but in there Sept./Oct.
issue there is a Ferrets reader survey.  It asks such questions as What
articles have you found most and least useful.  (Questions # 4&5) and
question #10 is really why I am writing.  # 10 Asks Do you read any other
ferret related publications?  How does Ferrets compare to those?  Now I
see this as an opportunity to nicely let Fancy Publications know how we
as a whole ferret community feel about there magazine.

I will be making a copy of the survey and sending it in to them.  (as the
survey is on the back of a question and answer section by Mary Van Dahm) I
feel the same as many of you do that some of the articles by non ferret
knowleable people need to go and more truthful articles need to be put in
its place, but I do buy the magazine for the Q & A sections done by Dr.
Karen, articles by Troy Lynn Eckart, and the above mentioned Mary Van Dahm.

If any one wants a copy of the survey let me know and I will run off a
bunch and send them out.  The survey needs to be to them no later than Nov.
1.  Lets all do our part to get another good ferret publication out there
on the market, so all the new ferret owners have a good source for there
fuzzies.

On a parting note Lisette said in her post about money and why she does not
give.  She said that some people need to stop eating the expensive foods.
Some people can't buy the cheaper foods.  I know that I can't.  I cannot
have dairy.  I can't go out and buy a cheep 1/2 gallon of ice cream to
enjoy, when I get a frozen dessert (not very often I might add) I have to
buy the more expensive sorbets, or mocha mix.  I am not flaming you
Lisette, but in some circumstances some people HAVE to buy the more
expensive stuff.  The ice cream comparison is just one of many.  The milk I
can drink (comes in a 1/2 gallon size) costs just as much as regular milk
(gallon size).  I cannot eat beef (98 cents a pound) I can only have
chicken, fish, turkey, pork, all of these all cost a heck of a lot more
than beef.  I do eat a lot of veggies, but I have to have my meat too.
Again Lisette this is not a flame, I just want you to know that I do the
things you do.  I shop at goodwill, I go through racks and racks of clothes
to find the tags that are half off that week.  My 10 month old son wears
the Toys R Us cheepie diapers, hand me down clothes, as do the two older
kids (clothes that is).

June and the fabulous furry five
plus 4 cats
plus 3 kids