From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 May 1998 07:55:57 -0700
Hi Jen and Crew!

Let me start by saying that I have come to believe that nothing is truly
ferret proof, but only ferret resistant! :o)  One thing that has worked
really well for us has been some particular cabinet latches.  I will do my
best to describe them, and chances are you've seen them somewhere before.

The latch consists of two metal pieces that fit together.  Piece #1 has 2
rollers or metal stubs with a space between them, and is mounted to the
inside frame of the cabinet.  Piece #2 has one roller or metal stub that
lines up to fit into the space on piece #1, and is mounted on the inside of
the cabinet door.  There is quite a bit of friction resistance when the two
pieces come together as the cabinet door shuts.  Our furrzies have not been
able to strong paw there way in with this set up.  However, part of the
trick is to get latches that fit together strong and snug, and also to mount
the latches at the bottom of the cabinets where the fuzzies are most likely
to persist in their ploy of cabinet conquering.

Sometimes, my hubby and I have to give the cabinet a pretty good tug at the
bottom ourselves to open it, but it's worth it not having to worry about the
fuzzy nuts getting in there.  If you have particularly persistent ferts, I
suppose you could mount latches at the top, bottom, middle, etc.!  If that
doesn't work, then Bhor help you! :o)

Anita