From:
"Kris Aaron-Benedum (and S. & S.)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 1996 08:16:33 -0500
>From:    Dayna Frazier <[log in to unmask]>
>Halloween is fast approaching... And with it will come a sharp increase in
>cult activity... and with that increase in activity [there is a 'High
>Holiday' with in the Satanic cult religion that is linked with cement to
>Halloween/or/ All Hallows Eve] ..

My SO and I have two ferts that we love dearly.  One of our High Holy Days
is Samhain,the day when we are closest to those who have died and gone to
the Summerland and the Rainbow Bridge.  Samhain is also called Halloween, &
is celebrated on the 31st of October.  We are Witches.  We are part of a
coven.  We are also vegetarians and do not believe in the sacrifice of
animals, humans or anything but our own bad habits.

I know Dayna means the very best and that there are indeed sickos out there
who torture ferrets and other small animals for whatever purposes.  These
disturbed individuals are called Satanists.  They are also called
Vivisectionists, and *those* people don't relegate their ghastly activities
to one day a year.

BIG makes us promise not to get into animal rights discussions on the
Digest, so I will respect his wishes.

My only reason for responding is to stress that Witches celebrate Samhain in
a positive way, with their beloved cats, dogs and ferts beside them.
Satanists and "Those Others" torture animals for fun and profit.  Please
don't think that everyone who regards October 31 as a holy day is a Satanist
or a You-Know-What.

-- Rainey & Stormin